|Job Title||Project Engineer – Small Works|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Travel||Travel around the South East area including London|
Before applying for this role, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
The Project Engineer – Small Works for Quadrant Security Group shall be responsible for the management of multiple projects at any time.
The post-holder will have obtained experience in project management and possess the abilities to resolve the majority of issues arising on projects without the intervention from more senior members of the company.
The post-holder will also possess the skills to engineer all aspects of projects in terms of cost control, site surveying and technical, resource planning and programming, communications – both written and verbal, problem solving, procurement of material and labour and co-ordination with the client and on site personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- QSG Procedures – Ensure that all company procedures are adhered to on all projects and compliance with NSI procedures in all relevant areas of activity/projects.
- Client Procedures – Ensure that all client specific procedures are adhered to on all projects, e.g. site access.
- Site Survey – Carry out technical site surveys, gathering sufficient accurate information to enable quotation, specification and project completion.
- Financial Controls – Weekly monitoring of costs on projects undertaken and production of financial reports to Service Admin team.
- Health & Safety – Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements on all projects.
- Project Liaison – Communicate with all parties involved with projects on a regular basis.
- Technical – Resolve technical issues on projects undertaken in conjunction with site based staff, Service Admin team and technical design (TDE/A’s).
- Contract Review – Ensure all information is collated and tabled for ongoing projects to enable effective and productive contract review. Resolve any issues arising from contract reviews.
- Programming – Ensure that project-specific accurate programme of works are produced and issued to the Service Admin team. These programmes must reflect all cost allowances and be in co-ordination with the main contractor’s programme of works, where applicable.
- Communications – Communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with regard to all projects and within QSG.
- Project Drawings – Ensure that all contract drawings are issued and managed in terms of changes throughout the project, from “for approval” to “as fitted.”
- O&M Documentation – Ensure that full and detailed operating and maintenance manuals are issued upon completion of every project, or addition to existing.
- Testing & Commissioning – Ensure that comprehensive testing and commissioning is carried out on every project as per QSG and client procedures/requirements, with correct documentation issued to all relevant parties, i.e. Service Admin team and client.
- Handover & Sign Off – Ensure that all designated projects are signed off as complete and handed over to the client, with clear, agreed and defined delivery of all projects continuously achieved.
- Supervision – Provide site supervision throughout installation and commissioning phases of project.
- Variations – Record and communicate any/all changes and additional works to projects, ensuring costs are captured, quoted and progressed on receipt of order or written instruction only.
- Codes of Practice – Ensure that all projects undertaken are compliant in terms of all legislative and statutory codes of practice.
- Experience in the successful integration and testing of complex multi-faceted security systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications with Microsoft Project and Visio as desirables.
- Minimum HND/BTEC in a relevant field and/or equivalent and demonstrable experience within the Security Industry.
- Experience of 3 or more of the following is essential:
- IP networks
- IP CCTV
- Analogue CCTV
- Intruder Detection System (Honeywell, Galaxy)
- Access Control Systems (ie C-Cure, Janus, Prowatch)
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.