|Job Title||Finance Assistant – Credit Controller|
|Job Type||Full Time|
Before applying for this role, please read our Candidate Privacy Notice.
An opportunity has arisen within the Finance team for a Credit controller with a proactive attitude and a keen eye for detail. To be successful in this role you will have good general administration skills and a proven track record of reducing aged debt. A minimum of 12 months Credit Control experience is a pre-requisite. Professionalism, excellent communication skills and a good team player are essential qualities for this role. You will be confident in your ability to build relationships with internal teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure customer debt is paid on time and all outstanding invoices are chased in an appropriate manner
- Accurate audit trail of debt chasing to be kept and updates to be provided to management at a monthly basis
- Management of Expenses process (with particular attention to detail and company policy)
- Sales Ledger month end close
- Posting of cash
- Credit card bill journal
- Bad debt write-offs
- Aged debt reports and ratios
- Setting up of new customers and credit checks
- Maintain accurate records of credit checks
- Credit notes and re-invoices when necessary
- Cover for travel / hotel bookings
- Ad hoc support for the Finance team
- 5 GCSE’s (A*- C grades, including maths and English)
- Minimum 12 months Credit Control experience required
- AAT preferable but not essential
- A good level of Excel skills, working use of formulas such as look-ups is desirable
To apply please email a covering letter with a full CV to our careers team.